UT’s home is a grand and gracious 10-story building situated at Grand Army Plaza at the start of Eastern Parkway which was built in 1927. Its beautiful and dramatic sanctuary is on the main floor, a social hall with lobby and kitchen facilities is on the 3rd floor, classrooms and play space used by both the UT Religious School and the UT Preschool are on the 4th floor, and UT offices are found on the 2nd and 3rd floor. While used primarily for UT purposes some of the spaces are available for meeting and event rental.
Enter through the main doors at street level to the lobby and then directly ahead to the two story main sanctuary graced with tall stained glass windows, a coffered ceiling with elaborate murals depicting the history of the Jewish people and a raised and classical bema of mahogany modeled on one of the lost synagogues of Eastern Europe. The sanctuary seats 527 people.
The large 3rd floor foyer to the ballroom serves as a chapel for Shabbat services when we are not using the Sanctuary.
The rabbi’s office is found on the 2nd floor and the main UT office is currently on the 3rd floor while expanded office space is completed on the main floor.
The tastefully decorated ballroom space on the 3rd floor features a large foyer with windows that look out on Eastern Parkway; a spacious hall with a dance floor beneath a 2-story atrium; a stage; and full kitchen facilities for large events. The ballroom accommodates 250 people. Visit our Ballroom rental page or contact our office at 718-638-7600 for information about renting space or drop us a note here about your rental needs.