Throughout the year, Union Temple sponsors out of town trips on Jewish themes. We’ve traveled to:
- Philadelphia, PA to visit the National Museum of American Jewish History.
- Washington, DC, where we toured the historic Sixth & I Synagogue, the Religious Action Center for Reform Judaism, and the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum as well as significant monuments on the Mall
- Newport, RI, featuring a visit to the Touro Synagogue, the nation’s oldest synagogue, and several famous summer “cottages” of the rich and famous.
- In 2016-17 we traveled to Baltimore, MD for a Jewish Heritage Tour. Visiting the Jewish Museum of Maryland with tours of the 1845 Lloyd Street Synagogue (America’s 3rd oldest) and the adjacent 1876 B’nai Israel Synagogue and a bus tour of historic Jewish Baltimore.
- In November 2017, our 6th Annual Getaway found us in Massachusetts, where we toured the Yiddish Book Center and the Norman Rockwell Museum.
- Check back soon for out next exciting excursion.
Temple members have taken trips to Israel, led by our Rabbi Emerita Goodman who has added a unique personal perspective, drawing on her own frequent travels there and association with the Shalom Hartman Institute. Trips were coordinated with Keshet: The Center for Educational Tourism in Israel which created a personalized educational itinerary that was designed to deepen participants understanding of and connection to the people, land and culture of Israel. Trips were staffed by very knowledgeable Keshet Israel Tour educators and focused on historical, political and social themes in Israel.